Search the forum,

Discuss which sigma? There’s so many ..... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

No, measure your bottom cut mark with a tape and place it on the measurement bar at the said measurement and a good tip with the top mark is to set it in line with the scribe wheel and move the sigma so that the shadow of the rail hits the mark, now every cut just align using the shadow. It's a doddle.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
So there’s a pull and push model? Max being the push? Cheers for the advice..... will I miss my rubi twin rails for accuracy

Yeah, I believe the 3C2 is the normal pull to score model and the 3C3M is the push to score with the max handle.

The max handle does slightly obstruct the view at the bottom but i'm used to it now and know where it sits without looking round all the time. I also do sometimes pull to score and works fine like that. I haven't came across anything so far that it hasn't cut through with ease. the scoring wheel being on a bearing makes it so much smoother and easier to score :thumbsup:

If you are used to Rubi the max handle might be the best choice, you can change the handles anyway if you then prefer to pull to score

L

LM

IMG_6098.JPG

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Used the 3c3m for the first time today, she cuts like butter! But it seems pretty large once the measuring arm is locked In place for Tiling an average size Bathroom. Just out of interest, do people use the cutter on the floor. I used to have my rubi ts60 on top of its box on a hop hop. Worked perfect. The sigma however doesn’t sit too good on a hop up. Cheers

D

Dumbo

I use mine on the floor or on a board on trestles ( better height than hop up ) . If space is a premium you get a measuring arm of a smaller model .

Reply to which sigma? There’s so many ..... in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen