Search the forum,

Discuss Where to get Business cards in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a swine when the shops ends up in bed with the other tilers but also good when you're the one with the business so swings and roundabouts.

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes I hand out their voucher to all my customers, they got a three grand order from one of them last week but most of the tilers have had the same cards in shop for years and never needed topped up and certain others having to top up every month! One way street I think? There are only 3 kinda main suppliers up here so what do you do!

The vouchers don't count. They only profit CTD. Out of that 3 grand order the bloke behind the counter got £0!!
Now for example my local CTD know if they give me a 3 grand fitting job there'd be a couple of hundred quid in it for them. Straight in their pocket, thanks very much. Trust me you will get your details pushed A LOT harder once they know that!
The reality is you can add it on the job anyway cos you know they are pushing you as the ultimate tiler and the only one locally to trust.
It's naughty but that's the way of the world I'm afraid

B

Blunt Tool

The vouchers don't count. They only profit CTD. Out of that 3 grand order the bloke behind the counter got £0!!
Now for example my local CTD know if they give me a 3 grand fitting job there'd be a couple of hundred quid in it for them. Straight in their pocket, thanks very much. Trust me you will get your details pushed A LOT harder once they know that!
The reality is you can add it on the job anyway cos you know they are pushing you as the ultimate tiler and the only one locally to trust.
It's naughty but that's the way of the world I'm afraid
At least you are honest :)

D

Dumbo

Yes I hand out their voucher to all my customers, they got a three grand order from one of them last week but most of the tilers have had the same cards in shop for years and never needed topped up and certain others having to top up every month! One way street I think? There are only 3 kinda main suppliers up here so what do you do!
Speak to the store manager about it and him why others get pushed over yours . If it doesn't change tell him you're still not happy and will take it up with the area manager ( they hate having to deal with people bothering them ) . You apparently have nothing to lose if they aren't giving out your card .

D

Dumbo

Speak to the store manager about it and him why others get pushed over yours . If it doesn't change tell him you're still not happy and will take it up with the area manager ( they hate having to deal with people bothering them ) . You apparently have nothing to lose if they aren't giving out your card .
I've got the topps area manager number for my area . He gave the store and almighty male genitala for it . Funny thing is I got his number from head office who are denying this happened .

Reply to Where to get Business cards in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen