Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best course of action for this wall? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I agree with waluigi. I have done the same myself. I also put a few mechanical fixings in too. But if you want to use the prowarm ...

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What's wrong with prowarm?

Sorry. There is nothing wrong with it. I didn’t mean to give that impression so sorry for that. What I meant was if you want to use prowarm ask them about what adhesive and what priming needs to be done they are best placed to advise you. I wouldn’t not use them.

Reaction score
Sorry. There is nothing wrong with it. I didn’t mean to give that impression so sorry for that. What I meant was if you want to use prowarm ask them about what adhesive and what priming needs to be done they are best placed to advise you. I wouldn’t not use them.
Why wouldn't you use them?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Had two walls like this on Monday, also was short on space due to architraves that could not be removed.

I primed walls with TM Prime Plus, then using my tiger trowel combed TM Ultimate over walls and stuck on 6mm Delta Board and made sure they were flat with a straight edge.

Next day screwed through them using 35mm washers and screws every 200mm, tanked one side as it was in a wet area.

Sorted.

Reaction score
Had two walls like this on Monday, also was short on space due to architraves that could not be removed.

I primed walls with TM Prime Plus, then using my tiger trowel combed TM Ultimate over walls and stuck on 6mm Delta Board and made sure they were flat with a straight edge.

Next day screwed through them using 35mm washers and screws every 200mm, tanked one side as it was in a wet area.

Sorted.

Will be doing this after filling a few of the deeper gouges in the damaged bonding coat with Gyproc Easi-Fill.

W

Waluigi

Easi-Fill in deep gouges? Wrong product IMO. It’s a jointing compound and fine surface filler. It’ll take days to cure and once dry it’s poor for tile adhesive to stick to. Use thistle one coat instead.

Reaction score
Easi-Fill in deep gouges? Wrong product IMO. It’s a jointing compound and fine surface filler. It’ll take days to cure and once dry it’s poor for tile adhesive to stick to. Use thistle one coat instead.
oh ok. Was going to use because it said for filling damaged walls.

Reply to What's the best course of action for this wall? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen