Search the forum,

Discuss what would you do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I would walk away from this job, something not right. I tile for a couple of kitchen companies and they always get me to tile the complete floor before fitting.

D

davy_G

I would check the tiles as normal whit any job and your keen eye will pick up they are marble. Approach the client straight away and remind him your quote was for ceramic. If he wants these laid tell him your pice. If he argues, id walk. Saying that it would be a profitable day if all the cuts are straight, finished by 5 with £900 in the back burner!
Good luck

G

guy1976

20m2 of marble in 2 days,wet cutting and back buttering and sealing plus they will probably want a 1mm joint i couldnt do it in 2 days, sounds like your customer has champagne taste but lemonade pockets i would get cash up front as he sounds like hes trying to pull a fast 1

F

frogeye

Cash up front - he sounds like trouble

or do the old mats will be £xx and if I don't get paid I will have my mats back

frogeye

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

You must speak to your customer Matt and agree terms before commencing work.....Gaz

T

TheWrightTiler

ffs mate

rethink the price and get him to pay up front for the work, if not walk away as a**eholes like these think they can p*** us about, id prob bang my toolbox into his car on the way out 2 lol, by accident of course

andy

F

frogeye

ffs mate

rethink the price and get him to pay up front for the work, if not walk away as a**eholes like these think they can p*** us about, id prob bang my toolbox into his car on the way out 2 lol, by accident of course

andy

Just thought I'd quote this - good anglo saxon phrases - tells it how it is - well done :yes:

frogeye

P

penno

well turned up yesterday "what!!! they are marble"
bit of a discussion and customer happily agreed to pay the extra cost. Pulled the cash out and paid up front no probs. I turned up with a grey adhesive knowing full well i couldnt use it so told him i will need to change adhesives. "no problem mate, you keep hold of that adhesive and i will go down and grab 5 bags of what you need while you are setting out what you need, i will also pay for it as a small aplogy"
So has worked out great, also wants a lot more work doing over the next few months.

(marble looks stunning layed btw)

Reply to what would you do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I’ve been trying to seek advice on whether the recently finished tiling/grouting in my...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen