Search the forum,

Discuss What is the correct floor tiling trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
The correct floor tiling trowel will give a 100% coverage, meaning once you've bedded the tile in the adhesive correctly using the 'twist' action and pull the tile back up, you should see no air pockets under the tile which means the tile is 100% covered with adhesive.

The old 'spot-fix' method isn't used as British Standards as using just small blobs of adhesive on the back of the tile will cause the tile to break should anything heavy be rested on it.

The correct tiling trowel for floor tiling has half-moon shaped cut-outs in it every inch that are about the size of half of a 50 pence peice. More modern versions have cut-outs between these 'round notches' which allow more adhesive to be left behind when using the trowel correctly.

Reply to What is the correct floor tiling trowel? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.