Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss what I have been wondering about the tanking system is....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mr Tiler

is it not the same principle as tiling onto paint? or using pva wich creates a skin on the surface you would tile onto? cheers

D

DHTiling

Certain paints you can tile onto and PVA isn't just that it skins is it ..? or did you not know that :)

Q

Qwerty

Mr tea bag, with the substrate correctly prepared and primed, the tanking (paint on membrane) will adhere very well and above all not break down in water.

M

Mr Tiler

yeh deffo some good reading thanks for the info dave.... so does the tubbed adhesive crystalize once set too or is it a different process? only askink because I read on here that the tubbed addy relies on moisture to evaporate in order to set but cement based is a chemical reaction to the water? cheers

D

DHTiling

Tubbed adhesive does crystallize into the capillaries of the plaster etc... hence why it is not necessary to prime..

Cement based , then you do prime to prevent a reaction between the gypsum and cement... this is primed and a mechanical adhere is created with reaction.

Reply to what I have been wondering about the tanking system is....... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks