Search the forum,

Discuss What colour grout for tile shop display? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Why do you shop guys use glue? Wouldn't a training adhesive be a better option, less likely to fall off wall when it gets hot, and so much easier to fix tiles? And it's easy to clean up training adhesive when you change the display.

Reaction score
Why do you shop guys use glue? Wouldn't a training adhesive be a better option, less likely to fall off wall when it gets hot, and so much easier to fix tiles? And it's easy to clean up training adhesive when you change the display.

Just the speed I would say, up and grouted straight away. Hot glue and silicone does hold well as long as the display is grouted. It is also fun to watch the newbies struggling with scraping a board down when you start teaching them how to tile a display! Especially when they have never used a bladed scraper before and don't realise that a sharp tap will remove the glue just as easily as going at it like mad on a hot day :)

T

Tile Shop

Just the speed I would say, up and grouted straight away. Hot glue and silicone does hold well as long as the display is grouted. It is also fun to watch the newbies struggling with scraping a board down when you start teaching them how to tile a display! Especially when they have never used a bladed scraper before and don't realise that a sharp tap will remove the glue just as easily as going at it like mad on a hot day :)

You have a cruel and warped sense of humour.......... I like it, hehe.

The training adhesives are also designed to be temporary, so reduced bond strength. Therefore you have a bit of a Health and Safety issue if the board was ever to take a knock and it all comes crashing down on a customer, and also bearing in mind that the displays need to remain stuck anywhere between a couple of weeks to a couple of years.

Reply to What colour grout for tile shop display? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen