Search the forum,

Discuss What brand of Tile cutter do you use Poll 2013. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

What else have you used, Stef?

Started with Rubi cutters years ago, TS range, they are good cutters but have their limitations.
Used & liked the TX range of Rubis, still own a TR 400, (very similar)
Bought & still have a Tomecanic SuperCoup 75, an absolute brute of a cutter but more for just harder porcs as it splits the face of a glazed tile.
Tried a couple of sigmas (pull cuts) & didn't like them, ended up buying the max series of Sigmas & they are brilliant cutters, great all round machines..

S

Stef

What a nice collection :thumbsup: And what do you use for small glazed tiles? Tr?

I use a Sigma 2G, I didn't real like it to start with as this is a pull cut but once you get your hand position sorted then it's a great little cutter.
The Sigmas are great on glazed tiles as it's a gentle score on the tile & a quick snap.

P

Pit-R

I know 2G is quite common as a small tile cutter, but just wonder if it's not a problem to score not having seen the scoring line.

S

Stef

I know 2G is quite common as a small tile cutter, but just wonder if it's not a problem to score not having seen the scoring line.

It's something you get used to, I did struggle to start with but once you work out where to place the tile then it's easy.

P

Pit-R

Ok, so now I know that 7F can be as well. It's the same size & offers exactly the same capabilites except angle cutting. But if you do kitchens it probably doesn't matter, does it?

Reply to What brand of Tile cutter do you use Poll 2013. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen