Discuss What brand of Tile cutter do you use Poll 2013. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DHTiling

Thought we could have an up to date poll as what brand of scribe tile cutters are used compared to the last poll in 2007.

So please do vote as well as comment.:thumbsup:

J

johnryan

various rubis for me though i do intend on trying a sigma next. so come next years poll may answer differently.

Q

Qwerty

Rubi for me (will vote on poll when not on tapatalk). Comfort with what I know really. If I had to buy again, I would give sigma a go

D

DHTiling

The poll in 2007 i voted Rubi ..

This 2013 Poll i have voted Sigma.. how times change. :)

I

Ian

A selection of Rubis for me, TX1200 (old model), TX900 and TX700 (newest models), TR60 and a little pocket one for ceramics. Did try a sigma 3DM out last year but, I didn't like it. Maybe a bit of a big cutter for my first Sigma, I might try a small version at some point in the future.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Cant vote as it only allows 1 choice :0)

I use Dry:

Rubi :

TXN700
TXN1200
TS30
Star 50N plus

Sigma :

Art 7A

Wet:

Norton Clipper SMS 202 ( own )

Sigma 10M
Sigma 9P

( Don't own but have use of them when I need them )

Diggy

B

bugs183

Montolit for me, my 75 has been a great cutter, cuts everything i throw at it.
My father and i were Rubi Mad, but when i bought a TS 60+ for porcelain i found the arms flexed and it just didn't the tiles neatly.
Dave at trade tiler suggested the Monty and it had been fab.
Certainly by a Montolit again, or look at a Sigma, as they are becoming so popular, some thing must be good about them as so many die hard Rubi guys are switching to them.
No point being loyal to a brand if another brands products are doing the job better.

But i will be breaking out the TS40 for a commercial job coming. They still take some beating on smaller ceramics.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
sigma for me.......the only cutter ive use in my 31 year tile career ...:thumbsup: infact I cant remember if they were avalible when I first started.....pencil scribe was my first cutter...lol

Reply to What brand of Tile cutter do you use Poll 2013. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks