Currently reading:
What adhesive and grout for hearth tiles?

Discuss What adhesive and grout for hearth tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerjon

First post.

I'm a DIYer and have tiled a couple of bathrooms.

However we're restoring real fireplaces in an Edwardian house and have decided to lay glazed hearth tiles on the concrete constructional hearth. Can anyone suggest a suitable adhesive and grout to use bearing in mind there will be a coal fire burning in the grate.

Because of the size of the mantlepiece and aesthetics I want to take the tiles just over the edge of the constructional hearth and onto the floorboards. The constructional hearth is flush with the boards. The area to all the side of the hearth has a joist so the boards dont seem to move but is it likely to cause a problem and can I use the same adhesive as over the concrete.

Thanks

Reply to What adhesive and grout for hearth tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.