Search the forum,

Discuss Weber adhesives - hardie backer, Dural, mosaics + large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

IHB

I need to lay hardie backer boards to ply + Dural CI+ / WP and a mix of marble mosaics (50x50) and marble 600 x 400 tiles to walls and floors and looking for advice on which adhesives to use.

Last time I tiled (600 x 400 limestone) I used Weber.set rapid SPF which worked fine but with the short pot life did mean a bit of stress for an occasional DIY tiler like myself.

Would the non rapid Weber.set do the job and should I be using different adhesives for the different components? Any advice appreciated.

M

m3fitter

soooo many questions ! first.. why hardibacker on ply ?? why rapid set on walls ??

I

IHB

Yep. I'm good at questions, not so good at the answers. Hardibacker on ply is 6mm HBB on 18mm ply which is on the floor joists rather than used as an overboard. HBB on walls is 12mm on battens. It's being used to get walls nice and level and get the floors sloping evenly to the inset shower tray. I take it non rapid would be better for walls at least? Is there any advantage is using rapid anywhere other than the obvious + that it sets quicker?

R

Rookery

Generally I would use a rapid set to avoid the possibility of the water in a slow set staining the marble. You might want to try Mapei Keraquick as its one of the slower rapid sets, slower still if you add latex.

Reply to Weber adhesives - hardie backer, Dural, mosaics + large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen