Search the forum,

Discuss water? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Well i hate all my customers, but i suppose i could say that COS I AINT BLOODY GOT ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ

:incazzato:see em off wivers

H

Highlander

Remember the Scouts Bri be prepared. Always have two 5 gallon containers for water normally one full other empty saves on weight in van and then you know you can at least get a few batches started. Learnt that after traveled 100 miles to a job on west coast was told by builder water on site and power. Got there no power no water guys had moved most of kit to new site never told clerk of works. So ended up buying a gen and water containers added to bill as extra materials.

D

doug boardley

turned up to skim a full 4 storey house (in the bad old days when most of my work was plastering!) asked customer where could I get water from. Customer (as they do) asked why I needed water. I got a handful of plaster powder and threw it at the wall and said "it kinda sticks better when it's mixed with water!":smilewinkgrin:

P

Pawelzik

One of my tiler customers came to site with one of our very fast setting addys. He handed the addy to his collegue (tiler beginner). He got HOT water from the customer as it was a cold climate and the customer wanted the tilers to have it cosy and warm.
The addy was stiff after 5 minutes :smilewinkgrin:

C

cornish_crofter

You just couldn't make it up!

One customer wanted me to work quietly as her youngest always went for a nap in the afternoon - in his room next to the bathroom. I had to do all my wet cutting in the garden during this time, and with larger tiles there was a fair bit to do. One day I did wake him up by mistake. You could have cut the atmosphere with a knife.

To top it all her hubby was wondering why I was taking too long.

Before I started, he tried to haggle my hourly rate.

When I started he wondered why I took so long to do what he seemed to think was a 5 minute job.

Finally I finished after about 8 long days, tiptoeing about the house in the afternoons like a tiling ninja. I charged all the materials at COST, and sent them an invoice. Cheque duly arrived by 2nd class post a week later.

I know, why didn't I walk off the job?

Because the wife would have killed me. This is her brother and sister in law we're talking about!

I told him afterwards that he was the worst customer I had ever had - still true to this day.

dptiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
belive this or not but it happens to be ture.
some years ago while working in germany, we had to tile a super market floor, the place was in a small complex but had no runing water. (the supermarket not the town)
but there was a fountain just out side,
so we helped our selfs , only to find a couple of days later the council turn off the water to the fountain because they thought it had sprung a leak . water was disapering for no apartant reason.
any way turns out there was water on site , we just didnt find the stand pipe,

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I once had to walk across a field to a horse-drinker to get water,
Oh and i had a guy phone me up and he said he was getting a good price on some shiny tiles for his conservatory,but they were from Poland and whatdid I think they would be like?, After much debate on the phone it turned out they were Polish(ed) Porcelain. Doh

Reply to water? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen