Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss water? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

brian c

I started a job a couple of days ago and the customer forgot to mention to me that they didnt have any running water.:mad2:..turned up with bags of adhesive and had to go and get some tubbed gear.Told him i want water for my grouting etc ..he said i have some empty milk cartons ..i will clean them and fill them...pmsl.Told him not to bother,that i would get some sorted out.Anyone had any funny customers lately?

W

White Room

Have turned up with water containers where I know theres no running water but it would have been a good idea if he had mentioned it to you:incazzato:

T

Time's Ran Out

Brian - I thought most customers were 'funny'.
The first thing they say when you start a job is - when will you be finished!:thumbsup:
John.

F

faithhealer

Gutted this bathroom last week, even the plaster joined the bath suite in the skip. As i left for the night the customer came out with, so i can't use anything in the bathroom then!! AAARRRRGGGHHHH

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Job I'm on at the mo is running 2 days beind schedual..........due to the walls behind the bath, being straight back to the blockwork. (shower going in instead of)

Needed dot/dab plasterboard and then skimming with quick render. The plumber managed to get in today and fix the shower base in.......he also fitted the lav (only 1 in the house)

I popped in this afternoon to see how its going, (neighbour job) and she said to me,

" Oh, can I use the shower then" :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Not a tile on the wall and no shower screen/door up at all, and she says that :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I know they are the older generation (she's almost 80) but come on, are they really that stoopid:incazzato:

F

faithhealer

Job I'm on at the mo is running 2 days beind schedual..........due to the walls behind the bath, being straight back to the blockwork. (shower going in instead of)

Needed dot/dab plasterboard and then skimming with quick render. The plumber managed to get in today and fix the shower base in.......he also fitted the lav (only 1 in the house)

I popped in this afternoon to see how its going, (neighbour job) and she said to me,

" Oh, can I use the shower then" :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Not a tile on the wall and no shower screen/door up at all, and she says that :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I know they are the older generation (she's almost 80) but come on, are they really that stoopid:incazzato:
Related to mine I think, still got to look after em'

Reaction score
I went to price a job up, met the landlord at the house, went through the job with him, this is what was required, bath and sink removed, old tiles removing, walls patch plastering, one stud wall to be removed and re-boarded, ceiling to be re-skimmed and then tiled (not the ceiling), toilet next to the bathroom...toilet removed, tiles removed, made good and then tiled. Landlord was happy with this....then along came the tennant....I explained to her what will be done..
Tennant.."will there be much dust ?"
Me.."yes MADAM, I will be removing tiles and a wall"
Tennant..."How long will it take ?"
Me..."About 10 days"
Tennant..."Can't you do it in 3 ?"
Me..."If you can find someone to do all that in 3 days, please give them my number I will employ them and make a lot of money"
Tennant..."when will you start ?"
Me.....thinking to myself "when you've moved out madam" but actually saying "that's dependant on what Phil wants" ( the landlord).

I actually told the landlord that I wasn't prepared to work there....could foresee it being more trouble than it was worth...

V

village tiling

the job ive just finished there was a chinese lady who lived there..everyday she would be cookin chinese food an i would say "that smells nice"...on the last day i could smell it again and she come into me and said ru hungry.. so i went in the kitchen and she had made me a three course chinese meal wonton soup,sweet and sour ribs and curried chicken.. the nicest chinese ive ever had!!!
but yeah some of them can be pains but you do get the odd nice 1!!!

T

TJ Smiler

Well i hate all my customers, but i suppose i could say that COS I AINT BLOODY GOT ANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TJ

:incazzato:see em off wivers

H

Highlander

Remember the Scouts Bri be prepared. Always have two 5 gallon containers for water normally one full other empty saves on weight in van and then you know you can at least get a few batches started. Learnt that after traveled 100 miles to a job on west coast was told by builder water on site and power. Got there no power no water guys had moved most of kit to new site never told clerk of works. So ended up buying a gen and water containers added to bill as extra materials.

D

doug boardley

turned up to skim a full 4 storey house (in the bad old days when most of my work was plastering!) asked customer where could I get water from. Customer (as they do) asked why I needed water. I got a handful of plaster powder and threw it at the wall and said "it kinda sticks better when it's mixed with water!":smilewinkgrin:

Reply to water? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks