Search the forum,

Discuss Watch this setting out rubbish ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

there is nothing wrong with the setting out in the video the tiler has centred the door way into the adjoining room which is good practice, he has achieved a full tile as you enter the kitchen area again good practice and his joint closes under the door of the utility room with an even cut either side of the kitchen. how would have you set it out and why in your opinion is it rubbish ?there are some small cuts but some times as you well know these are unavoidable

L

Leatherface

Sorry, not clear enough, was talking about dry laying them all, not his cuts !

D

Dave Ramsden

thats what I call "speed tiling". Generally Id never tile out of tramlines and I always get the cuts in as going. Pro tiler can achieve higher results with a few lines and a good tape measure :thumbsup:

R

Rob Z

Nick,

I think all of that is for the benefit of the camera and to show DIY'ers what they should be doing with their layout lines. :thumbsup:

That said, most of the DIY shows here in the US are insipid. :mad2:

L

Leatherface

Title of my thread is a bit harsh : for the DIY er
But if you have a multi room set out of over 150 sq m as I have often done, it would be a nightmare to dry lay :thumbsup:

Reply to Watch this setting out rubbish ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen