Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
farage is an embarrassment . he is a liar and a racist .,, and boris is pretty much just like him,. i never really liked cameron ( mostly because i would never vote conservative) but he looks like a decent politician compared to these two.

It's interesting how people can see the same situation from different points of view. Farage loves to bang on about the EU, and doesn't seem to know when to back off, so I agree he can end up acting like a prat, but being fair to him, it's only his persistence that's got us to this stage. And whilst Boris can be a bit of a clown, he's never really had to be serious before now, but at least he calls things straight, and apart from the £350M on the Leave bus, I haven't seen him lie about anything (apart from his infidelities). Cameron on the other hand, has been a career politician all his life, and he knows how to twist things to his advantage, and I think like Blair, he believes his own lies, or feels that as long as he achieves what he wants, then it's okay to lie.

Someone let slip that Cameron never intended to negotiate hard with the EU, and everyone could see that his supposed EU reforms were crap, and then when he then turned round and told us we need to stay in, it was obvious where he was coming from. He and Osborne talked down the economy, and created a self fulfilling prophecy, and the markets followed suit. I reckon that you shouldn't be allowed to be a politician till you've had at least a managerial role in a real world company, and you've then got to be prepared to wear a voice stress meter round you're neck when you speak to the electorate.

Scotland gave 16 year olds the vote, knowing they would vote to remain. Caroline Lucas wanted 16 year olds in the UK to have the same rights, and Cameron shot himself in the foot not allowing it, but the youth of the world are only interested in having fun, not in sifting through the lies politicians tell. I wonder what the remain vote in Scotland would have been if they hadn't had the youth vote, and would it reverse itself again if they had another Independence vote.

J

Joseph Kover

things doesnt look great.i am very sad for numerous reasons.
ok,the vote result is leave. fine...can live with that.
what is really worrysome is that,all the leaders and politicians who would need to stand up now and have balls this time,kept quiet and nothing happening.the situation is highly unstable,uncertain and it doesnt looks good at all for UK. Since the vote, i study the politics and statistics as much i have time and can understand both side motivation.i can tell its bloody hard..there isnt any proper analysis other than the falling reputation due to the uncertainity and the generated panic by the media.i am really sick of this now and would like to see some strength of the goverment to stand up and stabilize the situation.have balls to sign Article 50 and do not srew the **** up at the negotiation with the EU.if they sign the single market contract that means the free movement MUST.then we are in even worse position than in the EU considering this topic.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

when the German car makers tell the uk we must have free movement of people thats the last straw what next
German sausage makers .time to turn our back on this type of black mail .we trade with the rest of the world
under WTO rules if its good enough for them. its good enough for the eu with the £ likely to stay around 1.32 to 1,38 to the dollar it wont realy add that much cost to exports to the eu . put that deal forward and walk away job finished no two year wait .our banks and pension insurance industries are already making great progress in asaia
india africa and them markets are only getting bigger .

so what else do we export here you go in dollars because that how the rest of the world trades

1 machines and engines $63.9 billion

2 gems and metals $53 billion

3 vehicles $50.7 billion

4 pharmaci $36 billion

5 electronics $29 billion

6 air craft space craft $18.9 billion

7 medical techical equipment $ 18.4 billion

8 organic chemicals $14 billion

9 plastics $11.8 billion

so how many of the 420 million in the eu buys these products probably less than 1 million

WTO rules all day long we will make far more than the eu because all there exports have gone up in
cost to us .but all ours have gone down to them .we have all the cards in our hands we just need a card player
with the bottle to use them .by the way the eu has a free trade agreement with turkey but no free movement.

the eu has proved over and over again they are not businesses people clue less bunch of morons
its time to show them the uk means businesses and this is how its done good bye and good luck eu

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
The German car makers are actually trying to tell Merkel to take it easy with us, as they now they're on the back foot. But Merkel etc only does politics, not business, so they'll carry on ignoring their own stupidity.

Because the EU didn't think anyone would ever leave, there was never a strategy in place to negotiate the terms before a country committed itself to leave, and I suspect it was intended that way. Now they're demanding we quit, knowing they can put every obstacle in our way, as a method of deterring anyone else.

In some ways, Jeremy Hunt is right to suggest that we negotiate the exit terms, and then have another referendum, but I feel uneasy following that course of action as it makes a bit of a mockery of democracy, and we know it'll be another Cameron style fiddle.

But I suspect there's enough dissatisfied countries out there, for us to threaten to set up our own trading block, and that might make Brussels take notice - or would it.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Article 50 needs triggering now, END OF. Cameron promised it upon a vote to leave. Until it has been triggered everyone is in limbo and the scaremongering is still going strong. Trigger it and things can start moving forward.

W

White Room

I hope another country decides to leave, Brussels will be thrown into utter chaos.

And the Scottish leader has been blown out from joining the EU because there still attached to the UK.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Article 50 needs triggering now, END OF. Cameron promised it upon a vote to leave. Until it has been triggered everyone is in limbo and the scaremongering is still going strong. Trigger it and things can start moving forward.

I already said something smells dodgy. Scary stuff if it's true:

FACT: If the UK doesn’t have a signed deal by April 2017, Brexit is in grave danger

and an update:

BREXIT/MARCH 2017 stitch-up: rebutting the charge of ‘nonsense’ about earlier Slogpost.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
As things stand we are living in a democracy that actually isn't a democracy at all. We are just mugs that have no voice and a government that do whatever suits themselves. It is very worrying. Dare I say it Nigel Farage would probably be the only one that i think would pull that trigger, but the chances of him getting anywhere near it are about as strong as Cameron telling the truth.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well the wheels are turning mr c played them like fools and gave us the time needed to talk to the world
smart move. every day that goes past makes us stronger and the eu weaker we know what we want
every day that goes by the eu has to keep 27 members agreeing ever tried that .no chance .smart move all day
long the city of london is leading them into a trap lambs to the slaughter it needs to prove they are the best .
and they will do .and the world will see who we are we fear no foe no quarter given no quarter asked

C

Concrete guy

Article 50 can't be triggered until we have a figured head (replacement for Cameron) that will lead discussions with Europe.

Cameron can't trigger article 50 and then walk away and let someone else get on with it, that would be a shambles. It would also be very unreasonable to expect someone who campaigned for Remain to issue a leave edict.

None of this is going happen overnight, it'll be a few months before we're in a position to commit to article 50. There's no rush, we've got the rest of our lives.

Meanwhile the first minister for Scotland (wee Jimmy Krankie) got her hat handed to her today by the the PM of Spain who made it clear he'd oppose any EU support for Scotland as they are currently part of the UK.

D

dave l and l

That was a given that the first minister wouldn't meet with prime ministers of other countries ... Time will tell on that one. I dont think the e u would entertain us until we are an independent...
Freedom of movement is a big talking point it seems. Looks like immigration will stay the same if and when they broker a deal.
I wonder when its all done , it will be so watered down nobody will notice

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Gove will stand

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Another positive Brexit result

Screenshot (1).png

Pukka.

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen