Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

today
uk your new mercedes went up 12%

eu your new jaguar went down 12%

usa your new jaguar went down 10%

Doggit

TF
Reaction score
i dont think they need us more than we need them
and france overtook us as the 5th largest economy two days ago i believe

As we buy more from the EU, than they buy from us, if they decide to impose tariffs, then we just do the same, and their economy slows down. The Germans are being sensible, but the French will try and cause us trouble.

As to becoming the 6th largest economy; as they figures are quoted in dollars, they've taken the 2015 figures, and converted them with the current Dollar rate, which is bascially dodgy accounting. We may well be 6th by the time the figures are done at the end of 2016, but as we could start exporting even more, it may well not turn out too badly.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Markets are led by the herd, and the herd always panics.

This whole thing has a smell about it. Why on earth is Cameron hanging around until October?
After a monumental vote like this the nation is left in limbo for three months giving the remainers three months worth of fear mongering while the Tories decide who the next PM will be.
UK needs to invoke Article 50 now - can't give the elite schemers more opportunities to scupper the public will.

Last edited:
S

Spud

I think we need to put in the right team rushing it could cause us problems we have waited 40 years whats another few months in the big scheme of things

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think we need to put in the right team rushing it could cause us problems we have waited 40 years whats another few months in the big scheme of things

It's only been a few days since the British public voted to leave the EU, and this great, democratic gain, this rejection of the Europe-wide political establishment, is already under attack.
Over the weekend, there has been a desperate search for loopholes, get-out clauses and Plan Bs. Heseltine has called for a cross-party group of MPs to ‘articulate the case for Britain rethinking the result of the referendum’. The Liberal Democrats are saying they’ll fight a General Election on reversing the decision of the referendum. And Doughty Street QC Geoffrey Robertson has outlined how MPs might block any Brexit legislation. ‘Democracy in Britain doesn’t mean… the tyranny of the mob’, he said.

The BBC response to the result confirms what we already knew, that it’s full of people who fundamentally despise the voting public. We must defend democracy against an elite furious with the referendum result. Delaying Article 50 is playing into their hands.

C

Concrete guy

Don't worry, Nige has been to Yerp today and given them a piece of his mind. Boris will be running the show in the few weeks time and might surprise a few people that he isn't actually a bumbling fool but quite capable.

S

Spud

How would you vote in the next election if you local mp went against the will of the people, he would be out of his job at the next election as I am sure you wouldnt give them your vote again
Lets stop all the scare talk, leaving Europe is like a divorce all the nitty gritty will need to be managed carefully
I was thinking why hasnt Osbourne resigned then I realised as Chancellor in charge of the ecconomy we need stabilty for the next few months and the new leader will choose a new cabinet and replace him then
I do have faith in the government and most politicians are decent honorable people they get let down by a minority of greedy ones and get caught up in career politics rather than what's best for the people

D

dave l and l

Don't worry, Nige has been to Yerp today and given them a piece of his mind. Boris will be running the show in the few weeks time and might surprise a few people that he isn't actually a bumbling fool but quite capable.

farage is an embarrassment . he is a liar and a racist .,, and boris is pretty much just like him,. i never really liked cameron ( mostly because i would never vote conservative) but he looks like a decent politician compared to these two.

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen