Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Watch the appalling Christian Amanpour make an absolute fool of herself and her network. Admiral conduct by Dan Hannan.

View: https://youtu.be/Txz2Une4T9k

CNN, only slightly worse than BBC.

Anyone else noticed whenever the BBC, channel 4, CNN etc... interview a remainer, they always show a VT of a smartly dressed, well articulated person,
and then portray the typical leaver as white trash nationalists.
Sick of the media.

L

LM

Watch the appalling Christian Amanpour make an absolute fool of herself and her network. Admiral conduct by Dan Hannan.

View: https://youtu.be/Txz2Une4T9k

CNN, only slightly worse than BBC.

Anyone else noticed whenever the BBC, channel 4, CNN etc... interview a remainer, they always show a VT of a smartly dressed, well articulated person,
and then portray the typical leaver as white trash nationalists.
Sick of the media.
I couldn't agree with you more, wether your an inner or an outer that was embarssing. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel and to still come off with that, trying to put words in his mouth, she picked the wrong guy for that. You couldn't have made that clip up.

Doggit

TF
Reaction score

Now whilst I haven't read into this fully, I think the interpretation is wrong. There seems to be a general disagreement as to whether it's Parliament, or the PM who actually gives notice to quit the EU, but whoever it is, QMV can't stop it, as it's our decision to leave, not theirs to grant. QMV might well work in our favour though (or just as much against it) because if France for instance tries to veto one of our exit terms, then QMV might well override them. In addition, although we are being told to get out straight away (obviously meant without negotiating any terms) we have 2 years to negotiate, unless we ask for more time, so again, QMV might work for us, in that the majority might well allow us to negotiate for longer, whilst France would say, 2 years and that's that, no more time allowed. And I wonder of those who insist we go now, are worried that they'll get overridden when QMV comes in.

And although I haven't read all the things that QMV covers, I've always suspected that it would eventually be used to allow Turkey in, whereas Cyprus will always veto their entry.

L

LM

Now whilst I haven't read into this fully, I think the interpretation is wrong. There seems to be a general disagreement as to whether it's Parliament, or the PM who actually gives notice to quit the EU, but whoever it is, QMV can't stop it, as it's our decision to leave, not theirs to grant. QMV might well work in our favour though (or just as much against it) because if France for instance tries to veto one of our exit terms, then QMV might well override them. In addition, although we are being told to get out straight away (obviously meant without negotiating any terms) we have 2 years to negotiate, unless we ask for more time, so again, QMV might work for us, in that the majority might well allow us to negotiate for longer, whilst France would say, 2 years and that's that, no more time allowed. And I wonder of those who insist we go now, are worried that they'll get overridden when QMV comes in.

And although I haven't read all the things that QMV covers, I've always suspected that it would eventually be used to allow Turkey in, whereas Cyprus will always veto their entry.
Forgive me, but what's QMV?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Screenshot (2).png

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For all the good she is, Theresa May might as well be a Labour home secretary.

Screenshot (3).png

Disastrous if she becomes PM.

Last edited:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Andrea Leadsome would get my vote out of the ones that are left.
She was impressive in the debates and knows the EU inside out.
If May gets it then Tories will lose the next GE

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Andrea Leadsome would get my vote out of the ones that are left.
She was impressive in the debates and knows the EU inside out.
If May gets it then Tories will lose the next GE
Then I really hope, fingers, toes and whatever else I can cross that May gets the nod! :)

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen