Search the forum,

Discuss Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

How will you vote in the EU referendum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Watch the appalling Christian Amanpour make an absolute fool of herself and her network. Admiral conduct by Dan Hannan.

View: https://youtu.be/Txz2Une4T9k

CNN, only slightly worse than BBC.

Anyone else noticed whenever the BBC, channel 4, CNN etc... interview a remainer, they always show a VT of a smartly dressed, well articulated person,
and then portray the typical leaver as white trash nationalists.
Sick of the media.

L

LM

Watch the appalling Christian Amanpour make an absolute fool of herself and her network. Admiral conduct by Dan Hannan.

View: https://youtu.be/Txz2Une4T9k

CNN, only slightly worse than BBC.

Anyone else noticed whenever the BBC, channel 4, CNN etc... interview a remainer, they always show a VT of a smartly dressed, well articulated person,
and then portray the typical leaver as white trash nationalists.
Sick of the media.
I couldn't agree with you more, wether your an inner or an outer that was embarssing. Talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel and to still come off with that, trying to put words in his mouth, she picked the wrong guy for that. You couldn't have made that clip up.

Now whilst I haven't read into this fully, I think the interpretation is wrong. There seems to be a general disagreement as to whether it's Parliament, or the PM who actually gives notice to quit the EU, but whoever it is, QMV can't stop it, as it's our decision to leave, not theirs to grant. QMV might well work in our favour though (or just as much against it) because if France for instance tries to veto one of our exit terms, then QMV might well override them. In addition, although we are being told to get out straight away (obviously meant without negotiating any terms) we have 2 years to negotiate, unless we ask for more time, so again, QMV might work for us, in that the majority might well allow us to negotiate for longer, whilst France would say, 2 years and that's that, no more time allowed. And I wonder of those who insist we go now, are worried that they'll get overridden when QMV comes in.

And although I haven't read all the things that QMV covers, I've always suspected that it would eventually be used to allow Turkey in, whereas Cyprus will always veto their entry.

L

LM

Now whilst I haven't read into this fully, I think the interpretation is wrong. There seems to be a general disagreement as to whether it's Parliament, or the PM who actually gives notice to quit the EU, but whoever it is, QMV can't stop it, as it's our decision to leave, not theirs to grant. QMV might well work in our favour though (or just as much against it) because if France for instance tries to veto one of our exit terms, then QMV might well override them. In addition, although we are being told to get out straight away (obviously meant without negotiating any terms) we have 2 years to negotiate, unless we ask for more time, so again, QMV might work for us, in that the majority might well allow us to negotiate for longer, whilst France would say, 2 years and that's that, no more time allowed. And I wonder of those who insist we go now, are worried that they'll get overridden when QMV comes in.

And although I haven't read all the things that QMV covers, I've always suspected that it would eventually be used to allow Turkey in, whereas Cyprus will always veto their entry.
Forgive me, but what's QMV?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Screenshot (2).png

Reply to Vote Leave Or Vote Remain? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen