Search the forum,

Discuss using standard white flex with travertine tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
hi guys,
starting a bathroom installation with 65m2 of 600x300 travertine tiles purchased from walls and floors. the problem i have is that they also supplied there own adhesive as part of the deal Standard white flex. i was always under the impression not to use standard set with stone due to capillary action that could happen during setting. have insisted on rapid spf for the floor but worried that there could be a shade variance between the walls and floor. both walls and floors are the same tile and both to be grouted in ivory any help would be much appreciated.

D

Dougs Third Go

I'd certainly be using rapid set on the floors, standard set on the walls. As long as it's white I don't think discolouration should be an issue especially if you use the same brand. Just noticed you're from Cumbria TB, whereabouts? fellow Cumbrian myself.

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I always use standard set on walls. Can't say i've ever noticed any disclolouring with stone!?! ;)

BTW, I'd take the jam sandwiches any day... Can't stand that Mint Cake lol!

R

Rookery

I wouldnt wory about it either. Rapid set on the floor, slow set on the walls. And I like KMC mmmmm.

Reply to using standard white flex with travertine tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen