Discuss URGENT! need advice TODAY, horizontal staring point (see drawing) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Around edge of bath on door wall?
Do you mean running down the side of the bath?
Where the cross is?
IMG_1502.PNG

Just move the joint up to the bath, from your drawing it doesn't seem to cause an issue.

The slither above the door is more difficult and tbh where it is, and how the rest of the room works, I wouldn't worry about it.
It runs in to the wall and is behind you when you enter.
There will ALWAYS be a compromise to make, we just do what we can to lessen the impact.

You can always fit a piece of 30mm timber on top of the architrave, fill it well and paint, probably be unnoticeable.
The architrave will just be taller.
It will depend on the profile of course.
IMG_1503.PNG

J

jimbob

Around edge of bath on door wall?
Do you mean running down the side of the bath?
Where the cross is?
View attachment 92839

Just move the joint up to the bath, from your drawing it doesn't seem to cause an issue.

The slither above the door is more difficult and tbh where it is, and how the rest of the room works, I wouldn't worry about it.
It runs in to the wall and is behind you when you enter.
There will ALWAYS be a compromise to make, we just do what we can to lessen the impact.

You can always fit a piece of 30mm timber on top of the architrave, fill it well and paint, probably be unnoticeable.
The architrave will just be taller.
It will depend on the profile of course.
View attachment 92840
Thanks again, yes where the cross is. I think I'm just being a little obsessive at this point.

Andrew

TF
Reaction score
KajAkWX.jpg

Full tile off bath

The tile above the window sticks out by 5mm either side as the window is 590mm and the tiles are 600mm. Also 74mm tile all around where wall meets ceiling. What do you think.
Drop everything by 1/3 tile even up floor and ceiling line cuts. Reduces over bath to 2/3 tile and balances cuts too and bottom of window.
Presuming this works for the rest of the room bingo!

Reply to URGENT! need advice TODAY, horizontal staring point (see drawing) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley