Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Heating, Wood Effect Tiles, Grout Sizing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

clipboard2008

Hi All

I have a client that has 100m2 of 600x150 wood effect porcelain to be laid on wet UFH.

The customer would like 1mm grout joints which I've said wouldn't be possible, I normally do not use anything apart from 3mm but could I get away with a 2mm grout joint for her?

I'll be quoting to lay Ditra but she was quite willing to risk laying directly to the screed?

Many thanks in advance

F

foggy34

used some of these wood effect type tiles and they were bowed like a good un,if there like the ones I used they have size recommendation for grout joints on box,3 min tho

S

SJPurdy

British Standard recommendation 3mm minimum for ceramic floor tiles. Question should be do you need to make joints wider for tiles of this size and heated floor? I would answer no, I don't think so but you must put in movement joints to de-stress the tiling.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Bs recommends 3mm on ufh any less its your expense if they start coming loose

Reply to UFH Heating, Wood Effect Tiles, Grout Sizing? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen