Search the forum,

Discuss UFH Heat problem with marble floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sawyer

Ive recently put in a warm up underfloor heating system and marbel tiled floor in my bathroom everything is working fine but the tiles dont hold any heat just let it in to the room is there anything i can do to reduce the heat loss. I havent yet sealed them will this make any difference thanks

I

Ian

Have you used insulation boards under the heat matt? Also what is the area or the floor and wattage of the matt? Oh, and the thickness of the marble?

S

sawyer

the tiles are about 8mm thick are on 10mm warm up insulation boards its 2x 800 loose wire kits i know its working as if there is a bath mat on the floor the tiles get really warm as i guess the mat is trapping the heat other wise it just heats the room. When i bought the kit/tiles i asked if they where suitable

S

Stewart

For it to heat the room, the tiles must be getting warm. What temp are you setting it at, is the thermostat set for room temp or floor temp......?

Created on iPhone.....

S

sawyer

i set it to 40 degrees got up to 36 after about 2hours not sure about which it was set for didnt know it could do both

S

Stewart

Check your manual and set it for floor temp only and take it from there.....

Created on iPhone.....

P

PHG Dave

Due to the relatively thin 8mm tiles the floor has very little thermal mass to enable it to absorb the heat from the UFH and then slowly release it.
You don't mention the wattage per square metre that your setting is giving you but it sounds like it is too low if the tiles are dissipating the heat quicker than you can put it in.
Are you sure both kits are working?

S

sawyer

I'm not sure of the wattage is there away of adjusting it yes both kits are working I basically told the chap in tops tiles what I wanted how big the room is ect and this is what he recommend but at the minute all I'm found is heating the room via the UFH

P

PHG Dave

the only way of adjusting the wattage/sqm is at the installation stage by increasing or decreasing the gap between the wire run (obviously only possible on the loose wire systems)

Reply to UFH Heat problem with marble floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen