Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gazzer

Its been out a while and discussed on here a few times. I feel it would lead to cavities under teh tiles myself.

G

garretridge

Its been out a while and discussed on here a few times. I feel it would lead to cavities under teh tiles myself.

sorry missed it havent been on in a while been to busy! i agree pulling tiles up to meet one another is not the best idea hard to get a solid bed would leave voids underneath another expensive gadget that dosent work!:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

sorry missed it havent been on in a while been to busy! i agree pulling tiles up to meet one another is not the best idea hard to get a solid bed would leave voids underneath another expensive gadget that dosent work!:thumbsup:

Spot on :thumbsup:

D

David - Tradetiler

Exclusive from Tradetiler: Rubi are due to unveil their version any day. I have seen in Barcelona

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

I agree with Sir, may look nice in a brochure, but when people start to walk on those tiles, it'll be like walking on eggshells...:thumbsdown:

C

Colour Republic

i'm afraid I couldn't watch the video all the way through... I turned it off after she said "the tuscan leverling system..." for the 40th time

O

oogabooga

Some guys on another tile forum (John Bridge) rave about the TLS and some or the pics they've posted are very,very impressive - for instance a totally mirror finish granite floor. I can't say I've seen that before, there's normally a break or two in the reflection somewhere.

No doubt a learning curve required, so perhaps don't knock it until you've tried it? The inventor was supposed to send me a free sample a couple of years ago - I'm still waiting :lol:

O

Olz

I cant see how it could achieve a solid bed, when it pulls the tile up from the bed to level it. Good idea in theory but not for me.

S

smurf21

I use something to level my floors its not TLS its SLC i find this and a mallet quite effective:hurray:

R

Rob Z

Some guys on another tile forum (John Bridge) rave about the TLS and some or the pics they've posted are very,very impressive - for instance a totally mirror finish granite floor. I can't say I've seen that before, there's normally a break or two in the reflection somewhere.

No doubt a learning curve required, so perhaps don't knock it until you've tried it? The inventor was supposed to send me a free sample a couple of years ago - I'm still waiting :lol:

Rob, that guy is flaky as hell...I waited weeks to get the material and the gun, and held a job off to wait for everything. I never got any of it, and I was wanting to pay for everything. A lot of other guys had their time wasted, as well.

Way back when, I asked them repeatedly to put all the concerns to rest and install a test floor, let it cure, and then demo it to see about the coverage. Mick told me "Oh great idea", but that is as far as it ever went as far as I know.

When I think of the subtle differences in the amount of thinset that goes down on the floor, and how much is flat troweled on the back of a tile, and how slight variations make all the difference between no coverage and full coverage, I just don';t see how this can not be an issue with the use of the TLS.

I do notice now that they are pretty up-front about saying that the substrate needs to be very good before using this product. They never used to say that, and I think that they have had to adjust the sales pitch to reality.

D

DHTiling

As Rob say's it is desigend to be used on a flat substrate but make it fool proof so there is no lippage...but still full coverage under the tiles laid by the fixer..

At the right price i now think it is a usewful system....i used to think it was a gimmick but i have looked into this more on the JB forum..

Reply to tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks