Search the forum,

Discuss tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Olz

I cant see how it could achieve a solid bed, when it pulls the tile up from the bed to level it. Good idea in theory but not for me.

S

smurf21

I use something to level my floors its not TLS its SLC i find this and a mallet quite effective:hurray:

R

Rob Z

Some guys on another tile forum (John Bridge) rave about the TLS and some or the pics they've posted are very,very impressive - for instance a totally mirror finish granite floor. I can't say I've seen that before, there's normally a break or two in the reflection somewhere.

No doubt a learning curve required, so perhaps don't knock it until you've tried it? The inventor was supposed to send me a free sample a couple of years ago - I'm still waiting :lol:

Rob, that guy is flaky as hell...I waited weeks to get the material and the gun, and held a job off to wait for everything. I never got any of it, and I was wanting to pay for everything. A lot of other guys had their time wasted, as well.

Way back when, I asked them repeatedly to put all the concerns to rest and install a test floor, let it cure, and then demo it to see about the coverage. Mick told me "Oh great idea", but that is as far as it ever went as far as I know.

When I think of the subtle differences in the amount of thinset that goes down on the floor, and how much is flat troweled on the back of a tile, and how slight variations make all the difference between no coverage and full coverage, I just don';t see how this can not be an issue with the use of the TLS.

I do notice now that they are pretty up-front about saying that the substrate needs to be very good before using this product. They never used to say that, and I think that they have had to adjust the sales pitch to reality.

D

DHTiling

As Rob say's it is desigend to be used on a flat substrate but make it fool proof so there is no lippage...but still full coverage under the tiles laid by the fixer..

At the right price i now think it is a usewful system....i used to think it was a gimmick but i have looked into this more on the JB forum..

R

Rob Z

Dave another thing that has been stated as an "official" instruction for using the TLS...is the thinset needs to be mixed looser than the normal spec. I don't know how this is from the standpoint of weakening the mortar with too much liquid or water. As far as I know, this has not been investigated, either. SOme of the guys that have used the TLS told me that they had to really water down the thinset to get the straps and gun to work. I would certainly have to see it in person before shelling out the dough and buying all of the straps and the gun.

C

Colour Republic

and now after watching it i'm laughing even more at the removal system:lol: looks very professional

M

Matt

One question I have: If when you break the straps after installation, the strap doesn't break below the surface of the tile. What can you do? I know you could cut it level, but surely that will screw with your grouting

Reply to tuscan leveling system in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen