Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tling over old tile adhesive in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

rich hand

Re: Tling over old adhesive

Make that 15mm min, 150mm could give you issues in the door ways, I would like to see how far Bal would run when you have a failure on T&G floorboards, to quote a firm I respect, "information before a job, = education",

" information after= an excuse".

Wise words. From a very good company with a good work ethic. Please do the job right, think of your client, think of your reputation.

Why be so negative..Information after is learning! And as for the client, he is extremely well educated and certainly understood what he was thinking.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Why be so negative..Information after is learning! And as for the client, he is extremely well educated and certainly understood what he was thinking.

In what way am I being negative? I can only give advice based on my experience , If people choose to ignore it so be it. Either way it will not cost me one penny, my advice was free.

the cost of replacing the floor won't be. Good luck with it.

R

rich hand

In what way am I being negative? I can only give advice based on my experience , If people choose to ignore it so be it. Either way it will not cost me one penny, my advice was free.

the cost of replacing the floor won't be. Good luck with it.

You haven't read the thread I can tell.

"Information after is an excuse"...what a silly comment after the explanations I have given.

"Good luck with it"...another silly comment. It was the clients experiment as much as mine and it barely cost him a penny.

The client was particularly interested in the adhesive that was used on the London underground to withstand vibration and wanted to give it a go for the sake of 50 quid. Next year the floor gets ripped up whatever happens and he may spend thousands on a new one. He imports materials from all over Europe for such. He knows what he is doing. How many times!!!

T

The D

So what do you want from us?? Do you want us to applaud your professionalism and marvel at the amazing job you have done using nothing but fastflex and 6mm ply. We can all throw away the BSI5385 as you have proven that it’s all just theoretical rubbish.
If I am honest and I always am if I was in the same situation and the tiling did not have to last and the client was pushing for aquick fix with no come back on me I would slap them down bish bash bosh no problem but I would not have come on a tiling forum and asked if the old adhesive needed removing especially as you are a flooring professional and you already know what the theory is. So my question again is what do you want from us.

R

Rossymcg

"Information after is an excuse"...what a silly comment after the explanations I have given.

"Good luck with it"...another silly comment. It was the clients experiment as much as mine and it barely cost him a penny.

The client was particularly interested in the adhesive that was used on the London underground to withstand vibration and wanted to give it a go for the sake of 50 quid. Next year the floor gets ripped up whatever happens and he may spend thousands on a new one. He imports materials from all over Europe for such. He knows what he is doing. How many times!!!
I've read the whole thread and please forgive me as I'm no Sherlock Holmes, however you stated the tiles originally failed because of the addy most definitely not because of movement in the floor, you can't say what addy it is because you don't know, however the owner of the property wants to try out a addy to withstand vibrations from the tube,
No addy designed for the underground would be used on 6mm ply and you've also said that movement wasn't the problem, so how will this experiment stack up?
I'm confused, maybe it's just I'm stupid

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Ooooooo toys out of pram, I have read the thread three times.

It made no sense the first time and less the last, why come on a tilers forum and ask questions, get answers, then ignore them.

I will not be gracing this thread with my silly comments anymore.

It ain't worth the effort.:mad2:

Reply to Tling over old tile adhesive in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks