Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Adam Lister

Yeah, was undecided whether to tile horizontal or vertical, but as the lines wouldn't match either way decide to go the length of the slope. I suppose it's personal preference, but I'm happy with the finish.

M

Martino

You could go wild and tile the slope on a slope so they match up in the corner perfect....I have seen this done in a public toilet.... One wall the tiles went up on a 45 degree angle and the other they went down so they matched in the corner.....something you don't see very often

T

Time's Ran Out

You could go wild and tile the slope on a slope so they match up in the corner perfect....I have seen this done in a public toilet.... One wall the tiles went up on a 45 degree angle and the other they went down so they matched in the corner.....something you don't see very often

You don't see it often cause it sounds cr*p! On a 6inch tile, but not rectangular.

J

J Sid

Now that surprises me, having the same tile running different ways is not my cup of tea (although I'am a coffee man).
conventional way means all walls the same In my book, horizontal 1/2 bond.....
but I like the look of all running the same way but vertical.
hope that's clearer:)

B

Bill

You have to ask yourselves this - what would it look like if it were bricks?

Well, it wouldn't be a flat slope for a start, the way brickies got over this was to have the slope done in steps that way the bond follows through for the two faces of the wall as you look at it side on.

Too many tilers do not understand the layout of what a 'metro' tile should be. They were originally glazed faced bricks and so they were set out as a structural wall rather than a facing decoration, like what we see today.

I think the way you have tiled the slope, is the cleanest aesthetic way you could have done it.

Reaction score
i was wondering how you was going to go round onto the slope, i hik what you have done works quiet well, you going to use a grey grout on this?

J

J Sid

WP_20151001_13_04_50_Pro.jpg
i was wondering how you was going to go round onto the slope, i hik what you have done works quiet well, you going to use a grey grout on this?

I used Ardex Organic Earth and thought it was good.
don't know if TM do many colours ;)

Reply to Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen