Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Adam Lister

Hi all,

I am currently tiling my bathroom in 200 x 100 white metro tiles. I have a sloped area to do approximately 45 degrees. The wall had tiles on previously that have been removed leaving the plaster in a reasonable condition. Can anyone advise if I am ok to reapply the new tiles without any issues using ready mixed tile adhesive?

Please see picture attached and thanks in advance.

Adam

image.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

You could go wild and tile the slope on a slope so they match up in the corner perfect....I have seen this done in a public toilet.... One wall the tiles went up on a 45 degree angle and the other they went down so they matched in the corner.....something you don't see very often

You don't see it often cause it sounds cr*p! On a 6inch tile, but not rectangular.

B

Bill

You have to ask yourselves this - what would it look like if it were bricks?

Well, it wouldn't be a flat slope for a start, the way brickies got over this was to have the slope done in steps that way the bond follows through for the two faces of the wall as you look at it side on.

Too many tilers do not understand the layout of what a 'metro' tile should be. They were originally glazed faced bricks and so they were set out as a structural wall rather than a facing decoration, like what we see today.

I think the way you have tiled the slope, is the cleanest aesthetic way you could have done it.

Reply to Tiling Slope (metro Style) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement