Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over Liquid Damp Proof Membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

elsmurpho

Hi I have just put a Liquid Damp Proof Membrane (A rubberised bitumen based emulsion that provides a flexible and resistant barrier from Wickes) over a concrete floor but now i'm not sure if I can tile over it. Has anyone had experience of this, can i do it?

D

Deleted member 9966

hi elsmurpho

I would suggest contacting Wickes directly and asking them the question. they should have a technical helpline who can help with these matters. is there a number on the tin your bought?

GRR

J

jay

As above you may find it difficult to find a tile adh manufacture who will grantee their product over the membrane

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As above you may find it difficult to find a tile adh manufacture who will grantee their product over the membrane

I agree, looking at the liquid DPM's that Wickes do I'd say you'll struggle to get someone to guarantee tiling on them would be ok, sorry! Still worth a phone call though, you never know. Good luck!!

Reply to Tiling over Liquid Damp Proof Membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen