Discuss Tiling on suspended floor with UFH in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

j88koh

-
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’ve just taken on a large refurbishment of a property. Ive taken the job on from a previous developer who fell out with the customer.
The costumer wants the downstairs of the house tiled but I have concerns about the floor as it is. The floor areas are suspended timber floors, 175 x47 joists the water UFH running between the joists covers in a biscuit mix. 18mm 8 x 4 sheets have been fixed to the joists.
my question is can this be tiled on top of? My thought was to put 6mm Hardy boards on top of this to make it rigid but I’m concerned that the heat source will have an affect on the ply still.
Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I’ve just taken on a large refurbishment of a property. Ive taken the job on from a previous developer who fell out with the customer.
The costumer wants the downstairs of the house tiled but I have concerns about the floor as it is. The floor areas are suspended timber floors, 175 x47 joists the water UFH running between the joists covers in a biscuit mix. 18mm 8 x 4 sheets have been fixed to the joists.
my question is can this be tiled on top of? My thought was to put 6mm Hardy boards on top of this to make it rigid but I’m concerned that the heat source will have an affect on the ply still.
Any thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated.
You need at least 30 mm over floors like that where floor boards taken up , and the joists cannot be bouncing or moving , ply 18mm then 12mm , use alot of screws then sbr ply , then durabas, coat the durable with self levelling or flexible adhesive !I recommend mapei keraquik , then tile , but allow drying times to take place no foot traffic

Reply to Tiling on suspended floor with UFH in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay