Discuss Tiling new extension and kitchen in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it's an incremental degree each time on the room stat, it shouldnt let much hot water through each time. It'll just keep topping up the system with a burst of hot water which should be pumped evenly quite quick.

.... Is the way I understood it.

J

J Sid

Needs to be controlled at the manifold. You must be able to lower/set flow temp there. Lowest setting is 28 deg normally. Set wall at 18 deg and control the flow temp over many days. Check floor and flow temp with a laser temp probe morning and evening.

Working on room stat only could be fatal, and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

J

J Sid

I'll have a look at the manifold tonight and see what I've got.
Do tiles need to be grouted before this is done?
Ideally yes. Floor surface temp needs to be 18 deg or below when grouting. Best to get it grouted and wait 7 days and the turn on ufh and ramp up slowly using flow controlled temp

Mattyc

-
Reaction score
Ideally yes. Floor surface temp needs to be 18 deg or below when grouting. Best to get it grouted and wait 7 days and the turn on ufh and ramp up slowly using flow controlled temp
Any idea how much floor I should attempt to grout at a time as an amateur. Tiles are smooth but non slip finish so may not wipe up like a glazed tile. I dont want to do too much then find it's set too hard to clean up easily. But at the same time obviously want to get it done asap and not spend all day washing out buckets and paddles etc
Any recommendations on grout guessing flexible and will need to be grey coloured I think, but are any makes better than others _ anything to steer clear of?

Thanks

J

J Sid

Everyone will give you a different answer to which grout to use. I would say you won't go to far wrong with bal grout.
Try doing about 5m2 at a time and see how you go. Don't use to much water when washing off. Bal grout doesn't set to fast.

Reply to Tiling new extension and kitchen in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks