Search the forum,

Discuss tiling in a mira mixer valve, confused in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

daren

hi i am tiling a bathroom and have to tile in a mira concelled shower value, i am not sure where to take the tile too, do i tile behind the mixer valve or up to it, will test my skills if i need to cut around it, not to sure can any one let me know, the link shows the mixer and instructions.:mad2:

the backing plate is the same size as the protective shroud so it seems i need to cut it in???

http://www.mira-showers.co.uk/onlinecatalog/pdf/1066764_w2_c.pdf

hope someone can help

thanks

D

DHTiling

You Tile upto the template shrowd that comes with the kit......then when set remove and the cover plate goes over .....

F

frostfree

Usually just tile up to the plastic protective shroud, which should be slightly smaller in diameter than the chrome backing plate on the controls.

M

mikethetile

your both right depending on which mira shower mixer it is

ive done one recently that was one hole and a shroud

F

frostfree

Mira concealed showers have the hot and cold feeds coming to either side of the shower valve INSIDE the wall cavity. Exposed versions have hot and cold feeds coming THROUGH the wall to the shower valve.

F

Frosty

Hi Daren, look at pages 12 & 13 of instructions you posted.
They show a building-in shroud.
Set this to required depth stated and then tile up to the shroud.
The finished cover plate will fit nicely over the hole and bingo.....you've just fitted a built in shower.

I've fitted several before and the first one can sometimes be a bit confusing, just follow the instructions and it will be alright.:thumbsup:

D

daren

i have a wet cutter if i can scribe the curve first and then wet cut to the line i guess this will do the trick,

Reply to tiling in a mira mixer valve, confused in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen