Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Floor Former With Long Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lovely mate..

Cocked up with the height of the wc frame tho!
image.jpg
image.jpg

E

EmmC

Hi Emma

Are you getting a pro inn ?

Yes I am but I want to understand how it will all work because my tiler has never used these kind of tiles or done a wetroom before. I want to make sure that how I want these tiles (i.e no mitres or continuous lines) is do-able.

Unfortunately Lee@Tiletown hasn't called me back yet. I spoke to PCS's distributor who said I would need a board with an integral linear drain but they all look like they have at least two planes.
http://www.pcsboard.com/pcs/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Shower-Trays.pdf

So I'm still none the wiser as to how you would create the drain area with just the wedge boards.

O

Old Mod

Schluter Kerdi line linear drains go up to 1200mm long.
Put one full width of short side of shower against wall.
Then shower screen perpendicular to the drain, that way the drain is full width of shower.
Wedge boards will direct water downward towards drain.
They have sufficient fall in them for water drain off.
I suggest kerdi line because a tanking membrane comes attached to it.
Cover the rest of the shower floor with the kerdi Keba tanking and it'll be watertight.
As long as your fitter knows what he's doing!!!!!
And to say he's never used the materials or done a wet room, is a little concerning.
If he's good at his job he should be able to cope.
But make sure it's done exactly as instructed by manufacturers.
Failed wetrooms tend to cost a fortune to put right.
Maybe consider epoxy resin grout,at least in shower floor.

Page 6
http://www.schluter.co.uk/media/553007Prospekt_Kerdi_Line__Duschvergnuegen_GB_0213.pdf

O

One Day

You're very brave and trusting if you let your Tiler cut his teeth on your house! We all have to start somewhere of course, but it would be reassuring from my perspective if your tiler had at very least been on a manufacturer's course.

Reply to Tiling Floor Former With Long Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen