Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around windows and external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hlm

I'm after some advice please on getting the levels correct so that the tiles between the outer edge of the windows and the cill are spot on. I already know about finding the highest point and using that to frame the window.

Do I allow 2mm over the edge and also the depth of the tile or is there some other way?

Thanks in advance again.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

If you are using trim then just cut all the tiles to the highest/widest part.
If you are not using trim and planning to butt joint then do as you say - find heighest/widest point + tile thickness + adhesive bed (about 2mm).

H

Hlm

Thanks for the reply macten. What about external corners, do I take the first tile edge to the depth of the adjacent edge plus a tile depth and 2mm? I'll be using trim.

S

swanman

Are you a tiler or a diy er /?

Why dont you just employ a pro tiler to the job for you

Reply to Tiling around windows and external corners in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen