Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would take down the jackoboard on the stud work and refit but sticking it with some rapidset.
Screw back through your studwork and fix again using some spring toggle fixings midway between the studs leaving you with a 200mm centre fixing.

Best be safe than sorry especially with that size/weight tile.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would take down the jackoboard on the stud work and refit but sticking it with some rapidset.
Screw back through your studwork and fix again using some spring toggle fixings midway between the studs leaving you with a 200mm centre fixing.

Best be safe than sorry especially with that size/weight tile.
You’re totally right. Can’t say I’m not gutted as I’ve tanked the wet area now. But I like sleeping at night so I’ll do what you’ve suggested and just retank the joins when I’m done. So stressed I need to finish this job by Sunday.

W

Waluigi

On the plus side, you’re learning.

I know you posted a thread on this before you did the work. Did none of us mention that it needed gluing?

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
On the plus side, you’re learning.

I know you posted a thread on this before you did the work. Did none of us mention that it needed gluing?
unfortunately not.. I’d have glued it if I knew.. oh well. A lesson learned. Again haha

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You’re totally right. Can’t say I’m not gutted as I’ve tanked the wet area now. But I like sleeping at night so I’ll do what you’ve suggested and just retank the joins when I’m done. So stressed I need to finish this job by Sunday.

If it’s already tanked why not just reduce the spacing with spring toggle fixings.
Combined with the washers this will give you a really good strong fixing to the background.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If it’s already tanked why not just reduce the spacing with spring toggle fixings.
Combined with the washers this will give you a really good strong fixing to the background.
I think I love you man haha good idea I will do that. Thank you..

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

No point rushing it, the only thing to be learnt by rushing is to cut corners and make mistakes.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Would you use toggle fixings over hollow wall anchors?

Reply to Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen