Discuss Tiles coming up, cracks, and hollow points in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I think you misunderstand @Ajax123 he is saying, see what they say they are going to use then check with manufacturer's. As Alan says if you tell them what to use which is essentially you specifying the job and it fails the failure could be put at your door as you are/we're the specifier of the adhesive .

yup, understood. I don't want the blame to lay on my shoulders.

when you say manufacturer, do you mean tile or adhesive manufacturer?

Reaction score
Just an update, the contractors have agreed to replace the tiles in high traffic areas which will probably be about 50% of the floor area.

A third party consultant did a spec for refixing the tiles and recommended an uncoupling membrane like ditra. Given that not all the tiles will be taken up to keep the floor flush I'm limited in the height of the the current adhesive bed which is about 7-8mm. This seems insufficient to have anything besides a solid bed?

In addition, there are a few sections of the screed now that have some grooves from when they were a little aggressive in taking up the tiles. Is it ok to simply fill those with adhesive or should they be levelled off with more screed?

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just an update, the contractors have agreed to replace the tiles in high traffic areas which will probably be about 50% of the floor area.

A third party consultant did a spec for refixing the tiles and recommended an uncoupling membrane like ditra. Given that not all the tiles will be taken up to keep the floor flush I'm limited in the height of the the current adhesive bed which is about 7-8mm. This seems insufficient to have anything besides a solid bed?

In addition, there are a few sections of the screed now that have some grooves from when they were a little aggressive in taking up the tiles. Is it ok to simply fill those with adhesive or should they be levelled off with more screed?
You can get thin mats most manufacturers do one

Reply to Tiles coming up, cracks, and hollow points in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks