Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles & Adhesive for Fire Hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fran

Looking for advise on what is the best tile and adhesive to use on a fire hearth? in addition i am looking for ideas for lining the rear and sides of the fireplace inset as the customer is fitting a multy fuel stove?

pete f

TF
Arms
Reaction score
fran you can use any brand of bagged flexible adhesive to fix them tile choice is yours glazed tiles will craze over time if you go for glazed tiles make sure they have been fired twice:thumbsup:

M

Matt

fran you can use any brand of bagged flexible adhesive to fix them tile choice is yours glazed tiles will craze over time if you go for glazed tiles make sure they have been fired twice:thumbsup:

As Pete says, glazed tiles aren't great for hearths. Perosonally, I would use either a Fully Vitrified Porcelain or a Natural Stone like Slate

Reply to Tiles & Adhesive for Fire Hearth in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen