Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How much did pay him to do the job John....

He'd quoted 3k to rip out and refit bathroom not including any materials, customer to provide all bath, taps, toilet, tiles, etc. Turns out he introduced a tiler to the job who then couldn't do the job, due to various circumstances so the builder did it himself, as he was on a deadline to start another job. They still owe him £300 and will not pay him. I went to look at this job as I was working next door and the guy has seen my work now. Asked me to look at it. Told him it all needs to come out, but the guy must have a chance to rectify at his cost the mistakes that have been made.

W

White Room

He has be given the chance to rectify, can't see much chance of that happening though....I feel slow when I read that.

Heard somethink similar today about speed and must admit get sick of hearing it...the quality is kak John and the customer has to pay again, it never ends.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
He has be given the chance to rectify, can't see much chance of that happening though....I feel slow when I read that.

Heard somethink similar today about speed and must admit get sick of hearing it...the quality is kak John and the customer has to pay again, it never ends.

Told him for that I would work on a day rate + materials and gave him the cost per day, and he seemed happy to pay that if I end up re-doing it for him. :drool5:

W

White Room

I don't think your've got any choice on daywork, what will you find underneath:yikes::lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think your've got any choice on daywork, what will you find underneath:yikes::lol:

I know it was done with tubbed addy for 500x330 tiles and he used tubbed addy for timber of floor. Walls have been re-plastered

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
took a pic on my phone of a shower rooom with horrendous prep today....laminate flooring siliconed into the wall to plug gaps etc asked me to fit mosaics also another wall with old tiles rendered over with a cement/lime type mix which was falling off in sheets pity my phone software aint on my computer it was a corker

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
took a pic on my phone of a shower rooom with horrendous prep today....laminate flooring siliconed into the wall to plug gaps etc asked me to fit mosaics also another wall with old tiles rendered over with a cement/lime type mix which was falling off in sheets pity my phone software aint on my computer it was a corker

If you have e-mail on your phone you can send the pics to your own mail address and then fire up mail on PC/laptop and it should be there, save the attachment to your hard drive and then upload on to here. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
As said before why do people pay for shoddy work. 3k to rip out and refit not including mats in 2 days if i was charging that I'd be a millionaire i put aside two weeks for full bathroom normally take 7-8 days and still wouldn't be 3k

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As said before why do people pay for shoddy work. 3k to rip out and refit not including mats in 2 days if i was charging that I'd be a millionaire i put aside two weeks for full bathroom normally take 7-8 days and still wouldn't be 3k

The 3k was for the labour on the whole bathroom, but when the tiler couldn't do the job the builder did it instead, and he tiled it in 2 days to finish the job. I think he did finish the job in the true sense of the word!!!!

Q

Qwerty

Went to a property today to quote for adding to a slate floor which was laid a few years ago as they have knocked down a wall to extend the kitchen.......check out what the previous "pro" did :yikes:

yes, that is Lino underneath!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 112
Reaction score
Just read through this thread and seen some proper horrors. Saw something like this a couple of times;

pipe.jpg

What is the correct way to do this sort of cut? would you go to the trouble of getting the system drained, removing the rad valve and drilling the tile?

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
see cut outs all the time,sometimes the customers wont pay for the rads to be removed leaving no option

core cut the pipe holes is the best way if possible and also pipe covers to finsih look better

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks