Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Saw this one a while ago. I'm not a professional tiler by trade but I was amazed that this guy was getting away with it. He was a bathroom fitter and said that he had been fitting bathrooms day in day out for the last 20 years. I don't know him - he saw me mixing plaster, stopped and asked if I would skim a ceiling for him. He told me that it was boarded and ready to go. When I got there I found that it was indeed boarded but that everything else in the room had been done including tiling and grouting. I didn't have any tape with me to stop the plaster bleeding into the grout and he didn't even seem bothered by it! The grout line around the top of the tiles meeting the ceiling varied between 10mm to 18mm. The mitres didn't meet up and were proud, he didn't bother drilling tiles, he just cut them and then pieced them together around the object. He also did all of his own electrics so I suggested that the owners get an electrician in as the downlights were not even bathroom rated
bad-tiling.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
[video=youtube;1_Jrj8dSkR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1_Jrj8dSkR4[/video]

just found this on face book,anyone seen it before?

I'm confused. Is that the customer filming his tiler fixing his tiles? Not sure what's going on in the video but OMG to the tiling!

Reaction score
I'm confused. Is that the customer filming his tiler fixing his tiles? Not sure what's going on in the video but OMG to the tiling!

I think there taking them off and cleaning them to start again a customer would have to have a big pair to start filming while there still working.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was a bit confused. Not sure whether they are fixing or removing as there are, what look like, cleaned up tiles on the floor. Whichever, it's not looking too pretty.

Reaction score
Did the reduced to clear sticker include the fitting for a quid? Shocking!!

I could get my thumb inbetween the tile, and wall, plenty of lips, he'd used grey addy, laid directly on to 18mm ply, the cupboard under the sink rocks badly, and dont you just love the leaning shower base leg.

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks