Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Re: Hall of shame....

A solicitor couple asked me to take a look at their en-suite floor as some of the tiles were lifting. The enclosure doors open outover and drip a lot of water on the floor. For years. The tiles were all loose and it needed to come out as the floor was rotten underneath.

When we lifted the tiles they were dot and dabbed onto the UFH mat, at times using silicone. Awesome. The porcelain wall tiles pretty much fell off as they were dot and dabbed about an inch off the wall as well, with tubbed addy. The UFH probe was loose under the tiles. Not surprisingly the customers were quite pleased to have the job put right.

DSC_0332.jpg DSC_0417.jpg DSC_0418.jpg DSC_0419.jpg DSC_0420.jpg DSC_0421.jpg DSC_0422.jpg

S

Stewart

That's one of the best worst installs I've seen in a long time.......

Created on iPhone.....

Reaction score
The tiles were on top the the wall profiles. To get the profiles off the tiles had to be smashed. New floor, enclosure, UFH and tiles. £3k.

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of water has got between the tile and the shower door. If so, reinforces the idea of waterproofing the entire room before anything goes in. Something I strongly believe in. Trashy work though. Doesn't look like the rot has spread to far, any more moisture and could of cost much more than that. Recently priced a total redo top to bottom plumber, elec, tiler thats after the bathroom gets demolished. $16k, shotgun in the mouth material..:cry_smile:

A

AMtek

Bit of a DIY disaster this one, only done 6 months ago, the misses put her foot down and told the other half she wanted it done properly this time! really does look much worse in the flesh

dai8.jpg dai6.jpg dai7.jpg dai1.jpg dai2.jpg dai3.jpg dai4.jpg dai5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Looks like Stevie Wonder is at it again.:lol: or was it our old freind Nick Knowles?:yikes:

A

AMtek

its just an absolute mess, every tile has lippage, joints all over the place, floor tiles de-bonded and cracked, tiled bath panel had fallen off, trim was attrocious. basically anything that could be wrong had been done wrong!

Reaction score
pretty good for a DIY. I looked at one today where the plumber did the tiling. The only thing I had to say was well I wouldn't attempt to do the plumbing.....they are having a think. Lippage, missed joints and the shabbiest grouting and silicone I have seen in a good while. I asked her if she had complained about it and funnily enough she told me that the plumber won't answer her calls.

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
ha ha ha thats so bad i'm laughing my head off , was only slightly amused until I saw the last one, is this a joke or something?.
I bet he was well chuffed with himself when he had finished.:lol:

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks