Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

user123

Been to look at a job today for a friend of the family who I recently done some work for. She got me in to look at her bathroom that her boyfriend decided he would tile for her, after telling her that he's done loads of tiling in the past according to his words.....'it's easy!'

I lol'd........literally!

View attachment 30695 View attachment 30696

Didn't have time to take any more pics, the customer was to embaressed

Oh-MY- GOD!!!! Is he still her boyfriend? :lol:

I

Ian

I've just spat a bit of my omelette out!!!! That's brill, I like the brick bond/opus pattern :lol:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Been to look at a job today for a friend of the family who I recently done some work for. She got me in to look at her bathroom that her boyfriend decided he would tile for her, after telling her that he's done loads of tiling in the past according to his words.....'it's easy!'

I lol'd........literally!

View attachment 30695 View attachment 30696

Didn't have time to take any more pics, the customer was to embaressed

Well he was right PJ tiling is easy, if you want it to look like that:yikes::mad2:

S

stoner

Re: Hall of shame....

Hi all,

on a job recently tiling tiling a kitchen, customers had a big bathroom company doing 2 bathrooms upstairs. I think it was 2 tilers and 2 labourers and they were in there 2nd week as i started 25m2 kitchen + ufh which took 5 days and i still left with them upstairs.

Anyway one night when they'd left i went up for a look and omg!! Grey addy on trav, no priming on plasterboard then dot and dab, plasterboard packers for borders. The pic with my fat fingers behind the tile is where they have packed the wall out on one end. DSC00040.jpg DSC00039.jpg DSC00038.jpg DSC00041.jpg DSC00042.jpg DSC00043.jpg DSC00044.jpg DSC00045.jpg

S

stoner

Oh and i forgot about the trav straight onto the chipboard!!! The pic with my hand behind the tiles is pic 1 & 2, you can see where they have doubled up on the boards. One morning i turned round to see one of the so called tilers watching me combing the floor and he said 'oh, you do it like that do you?' lol. I was in two minds whether to tip off customers but it was my 1st job for this kitchen company and i did'nt want to be seen as a trouble maker.

D

DHTiling

This is what we have to try and compete against... proper tile bashers..

Tell you what,, that trav looks thin in one of those pics..?

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks