Search the forum,

Discuss tilemaster light weight adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

It stays "green" for a long time. Not a problem unless you're fixing water-sensitive stone, but don't be surprised if you remove a tile after a couple of days and the adhesive is still damp.
Full bond strength takes a while.
A very nice adhesive though and it gets my confidence.
like all lightened adhesives.

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments Chris. We find that most fixers that use Lightweight then stay with it. Impish is correct in checking the suitability of some moisture sensitive natural tiles because of the large water content of the adhesive. It has been described to us has "like working with Angel Delight". If you mix at eight litres of water it will hold a 600x6000 porcelain on a flat wall without slippage.

Glynn

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
"Wow" is what we hear a lot of when fixers see it demonstrated. We had a fixer who accused us of using "a special tile" so went and got a tile from his van. Glad to say he is now a convert. It is good to use and the coverage is what it says on the packaging. I am not going to say any more has I may get accused of promoting the product.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've used it on walls before, I prefer bagged to ready mix anyway because you can mix it up to suit what you're fixing. N
ice and easy on the arm and mixes up well. I've been advised not to use it on natural stone though

L

LM

I've used it on walls before, I prefer bagged to ready mix anyway because you can mix it up to suit what you're fixing. N
ice and easy on the arm and mixes up well. I've been advised not to use it on natural stone though
Yeah I think @impish mentioned something about that earlier :thumbsup:

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have been using this for a a few years now and all the tilers love it,As previously said easy on the arms And easy to mix.

Reply to tilemaster light weight adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen