Search the forum,

Discuss tiled wetroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stevie25

tiled a wetroom floor last year tiled the impey tray with small stone mosaics and the rest with 400 square porcelin tiles
the guy called me out some of the porcelin tiles had cracked
i started lifting them and they came up easy and the tiles had no adhesive on them this obviously been the problem
the mosaics on the impey tray are solid
just wondering can give me some advice to why this has happened?
the tiles were onto a ply overlaid floor screwed
floor bonded flexi adhesive &grout used
would appreciate any feedback

many thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If the adhesive on the substrate doesn't have the imprint from the back of the tile on them when you lifted them, then when fixed; not enough adhesive was used. Which makes sense and the mosaics would have been pushed in a bit more, that's why they'll be solid.

It's a shame that, sound like a bit of a maul.

It could be down to incorrect adhesive type though, and perhaps something else?

Do you have any pictures to hand by chance, that'll explain a thousand words as they say. :)

D

Daveyboy

Sounds like there are a couple of problems..1 - cracked porcalain tiles would suggest substrate has a lot of movement..would need more info on how they have cracked before recommending a solution..2 - adhesive not bonded to the tiles..could be that adhesive wasn't wet enough to stick to the tiles..tiles too dry/dusty and adhesive couldn't stick to it..sometimes pays to dampen the tiles and/or back butter them before fixing them to the adhesive spread on the floor...

W

wetdec

Well these guys have covered all the possibles nothing to be said until you give us further imput................:thumbsup:

Reply to tiled wetroom floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen