Search the forum,

Discuss tile finish edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

campbell

Hi all,
I have always used the plastic profile on the vertical / horizontal finished edges of the tiles (homelux etc) but I notice you can buy a range of metal profiles which although cost more, look quite nice.

I only have one concern: On an external corner do you mitre the edges of the profile as normal? It just seems a little bit of a hazard in a bathroom say, where people might knock against the corner and possibly cut themselves against a rather sharp edge?

Am I missing something? please advise,

best regards...............Campbell

Reaction score
You can buy some metal corner pieces to avoid any sharp edges. I've used a few and they look fine and customers have always been impressed with them.

just make sure they're the right size, most tile shops sell them, or B&Q do them for about £5-6 for a pair.

J

jay

hi yes it can be sharp (same with plastic) if you can get some square profile trim and do your vertical corner or just dull the point off also a previos post doing a three way corner is good reading :8:

D

david campbell

a lot of them are squared of so there is no need to mitre,even the rounded ones can look fine without the mitre,to mitre them you will need a good quality hacksaw as the cheap ones tend to heat up and the blade bends or snaps:thumbsup:
sorry totally mis-read the post!
thought you where talking about the listello's
ditto goes for mitring them with the hacksaw though!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

campbell

Thanks for all the very helpful replies (didnt realise you could get corner profiles)

best regards...............Laurence

Reply to tile finish edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen