Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tile finish edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

campbell

Hi all,
I have always used the plastic profile on the vertical / horizontal finished edges of the tiles (homelux etc) but I notice you can buy a range of metal profiles which although cost more, look quite nice.

I only have one concern: On an external corner do you mitre the edges of the profile as normal? It just seems a little bit of a hazard in a bathroom say, where people might knock against the corner and possibly cut themselves against a rather sharp edge?

Am I missing something? please advise,

best regards...............Campbell

Reaction score
You can buy some metal corner pieces to avoid any sharp edges. I've used a few and they look fine and customers have always been impressed with them.

just make sure they're the right size, most tile shops sell them, or B&Q do them for about £5-6 for a pair.

J

jay

hi yes it can be sharp (same with plastic) if you can get some square profile trim and do your vertical corner or just dull the point off also a previos post doing a three way corner is good reading :8:

D

david campbell

a lot of them are squared of so there is no need to mitre,even the rounded ones can look fine without the mitre,to mitre them you will need a good quality hacksaw as the cheap ones tend to heat up and the blade bends or snaps:thumbsup:
sorry totally mis-read the post!
thought you where talking about the listello's
ditto goes for mitring them with the hacksaw though!

Last edited by a moderator:
C

campbell

Thanks for all the very helpful replies (didnt realise you could get corner profiles)

best regards...............Laurence

Reply to tile finish edging in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks