Discuss Tile backer board, which brand do you recommend? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I tried the foam, couldn’t get on with it.

W

Waluigi

Foam takes some practice. Once you get used to using it and the little tips you pick up, it’s really good. I though it was a nightmare the first couple of uses but I’m a convert now. It replaces gripfill too.

Andyman

TF
Reaction score
Foam takes some practice. Once you get used to using it and the little tips you pick up, it’s really good. I though it was a nightmare the first couple of uses but I’m a convert now. It replaces gripfill too.
Not used gripfill in years

Andyman

TF
Reaction score
Foam is able to stick studs to a wall but in this instance I was talking about a stud wall with the old plasterboard removed. The bare studs are then sprayed and then the new plasterboard is bonded on to them. Then screwed.

This is talking about bathroom walls which are rarely very big. If you have say a 6 metre long wall that needs making true then I’d look into other ways of getting it flat and Plumb. That’s another thread :)

Andyman

TF
Reaction score
These stud walls are new, 75x50 tanalised and braced off existing wall.
Do you use backer board in the shower / wet areas ?

Reaction score
Always used Hardiebacker never had any come back & always crossed bond in to studwork 35/40mm yellow zinc screws I prefer the spax screws

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use thermo board from our sponsor wetroom store great valve for money and works well available in various thicknesses . Kop

IMG_20190415_103623.jpg IMG_20190415_115256.jpg IMG_20190415_165802.jpg IMG_20190426_124841.jpg

Reply to Tile backer board, which brand do you recommend? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks