Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive for Floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a good few years since I've tiled. And I'm not about to break that trend. But I was thinking about tile adhesive for floorboards after reading another thread and wondered what options are available now.

It was only BAL Fastflex 2-part when I was tiling. But I believe now there are more options and BAL Fastflex is now a single-part adhesive, is that right?

And then aren't there some ready-mixed versions available now too?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes there are adhesives that will stick direct to floorboards but it isn't something i'd ever do :)....

Others include : Mapei S2 Quick , Tilemaster Ultimate S2 , then if you go 2 part there are other options..

I'm sure other options will be posted to add to the above.

J

Just Rizzle

like dave not some thing I would do to fix tiles directly but I do use tilemasters ultimate to fix decoupling mat to floor boards

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd done it quite a bit with floorboards. Need prep the floor well and make sure any dodgy floorboards are removed.

It always feels weird walking on the tiles after though. I seem to be able to spot when it's tiled to floorboards. Seems to have a duller sound to your steps, and feels not as hard as concrete or I assume uncoupling membrane.

Reply to Tile Adhesive for Floorboards in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen