Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts On B&q Tiles… in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

feral

Hi all

I am torn between a tile at B&Q which is cheap at £12 a sq metre (ceramic, printed HD), or a tile that I can get through work connections at a heavily discounted price (but still twice as much as the B&Q tile), which is porcelain. I like both equally, and obviously price plays a part…but I realise that I am getting a very good deal on a quality tile.

So my question is, what is the general consensus on B&Q tiles, are they decent quality, hard-wearing? I will be using them in bathroom, walls and floor.

Thanks

I

Ian

They tend to be very hit and miss, some are terrible some are ok. It tends to be the sizing that is the issue with the cheap tiles. It's very rare that you'll get decent quality for little money.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
2 reasons on why to go with your second choice.
1. Let's say you only need 10 m2. Just pay the extra £100 for peace of mind and quality.

2. You need 20m2 . You will find the B&q are poorly sized. At a point half way through tiling when the lines are going everywhere. You would gladly pay the extra cost for the porcelain you have been offered.

£20 is a reasonable price, I would go with quality.

O

One Day

the hd printed are from 'British ceramics'? if so, the only thing British is the print and glaze. i believe the tiles are made (very poorly) abroad and then finished and packaged here. all bent like bananas! simple rule which stands true - you get what you pay for.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

here we go are you looking at paying your tiler the same then it realy does not matter what you buy all will end up looking the same .

F

feral

thank you for your thoughts. the person doing my bathroom is a friend, he is doing the whole thing for a flat fee, and i would hate to make his job more difficult by choosing crappy tiles that are hard to work with. i think i will heed the general advice and go for the porcelain tile...quality for an extra £200 doesn;t seem to expensive given everyone's thoughts. Thank you all.

Reply to Thoughts On B&q Tiles… in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen