Currently reading:
Thoughts On B&q Tiles…

Discuss Thoughts On B&q Tiles… in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

feral

Hi all

I am torn between a tile at B&Q which is cheap at £12 a sq metre (ceramic, printed HD), or a tile that I can get through work connections at a heavily discounted price (but still twice as much as the B&Q tile), which is porcelain. I like both equally, and obviously price plays a part…but I realise that I am getting a very good deal on a quality tile.

So my question is, what is the general consensus on B&Q tiles, are they decent quality, hard-wearing? I will be using them in bathroom, walls and floor.

Thanks

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
2 reasons on why to go with your second choice.
1. Let's say you only need 10 m2. Just pay the extra £100 for peace of mind and quality.

2. You need 20m2 . You will find the B&q are poorly sized. At a point half way through tiling when the lines are going everywhere. You would gladly pay the extra cost for the porcelain you have been offered.

£20 is a reasonable price, I would go with quality.

F

feral

thank you for your thoughts. the person doing my bathroom is a friend, he is doing the whole thing for a flat fee, and i would hate to make his job more difficult by choosing crappy tiles that are hard to work with. i think i will heed the general advice and go for the porcelain tile...quality for an extra £200 doesn;t seem to expensive given everyone's thoughts. Thank you all.

B

bcd-87

Hi all

I am torn between a tile at B&Q which is cheap at £12 a sq metre (ceramic, printed HD), or a tile that I can get through work connections at a heavily discounted price (but still twice as much as the B&Q tile), which is porcelain. I like both equally, and obviously price plays a part…but I realise that I am getting a very good deal on a quality tile.

So my question is, what is the general consensus on B&Q tiles, are they decent quality, hard-wearing? I will be using them in bathroom, walls and floor.

Thanks

don't do it.......

Reply to Thoughts On B&q Tiles… in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement