Search the forum,

Discuss The price of materials! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bal

Just an idea for the people that run this site and wether or not tilers want it aswell !The setting up of something like a price comparison section on the forum for adhesive and grouts .Members could update the prices say what make the product is where they have seen it and which store small or large player. Materials are a massive part of tilers expenses and out goings , in this present climate every penny counts.

O

Olz

Its a good idea in theory but every one gets different discount levels. I get a really good rate at my supplier my mate also uses the same one but doesnt get the rates I do, likewise another place I use occasionally for bathroom suites give me a reasonable discount but the guys that use it every week in and out get more discount.

So in other words I might put a price up at my supplier and you might get a better or worse rate than me if you get my drift. :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

the only problem being bal, is that prices vary according to location, quantities, etc, so you're never gonna get a true comparison imo:thumbsup:

B

bal

the only problem being bal, is that prices vary according to location, quantities, etc, so you're never gonna get a true comparison imo:thumbsup:
Thats why tilers input the info from around the country if its on view to tilers its on view to manufacturers it creates compitition and gives options to tilers !

F

Fred

Like my current client. He got all his tiles from Topps, but when they told him he'd be paying almost £50 per bag on adhesive, he went else where and got Ardex X7 for £20 + vat. And it has 2kg more per bag.

J

jay

hi good idea but shops norm run a loyalty system (more you buy more discount) by posting prices paid by tilers might cause probs . best just to list shelf prices .:8:

B

bal

hi good idea but shops norm run a loyalty system (more you buy more discount) by posting prices paid by tilers might cause probs . best just to list shelf prices .:8:
Keep it in the forums arms regarding tilers discounts i think there needs to be more transparency in the cost of adhesives and it needs to come down seeing as our prices are coming down too.

Reply to The price of materials! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen