Search the forum,

Discuss The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

to all sigma users...knowing what you know now and the fact that larger tiles have become more poular, then would you go for the 3b 63cm or the 3d 75cm??

i was looking at a sigma 6 (35cm fwith 45 degree angle attachment) splashbacks etc Amoroc Tools: Suppliers of Quality Tile Cutters

and either a 3b 63cm or 3d 75cm.....

what do you guys think?
whats your perfect combination??

G

Gazzer

Most of the time 63cm is fine. I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect cutter for all jobs. Mine will cut anything i use but it has downfalls because of its size in smaller bathrooms and kitchens. If i know i am doing lots of kitchens i have an option of 1, struggling with the big Sigma, 2 I have an old smaller Sigma, 3 i have a Rubi star or 4 i can borrow a TS40.

D

DHTiling

Most of the time 63cm is fine. I dont think there is such a thing as a perfect cutter for all jobs. Mine will cut anything i use but it has downfalls because of its size in smaller bathrooms and kitchens. If i know i am doing lots of kitchens i have an option of 1, struggling with the big Sigma, 2 I have an old smaller Sigma, 3 i have a Rubi star or 4 i can borrow a TS40.

In kitchens neale is this purely because you like a cutter on the worktop area..?

G

Gazzer

In kitchens neale is this purely because you like a cutter on the worktop area..?

I never put it on a worktop, i would rather use the floor or my hop up but we must have smaller kitchens down this way.

H

hillhead

to all sigma users...knowing what you know now and the fact that larger tiles have become more poular, then would you go for the 3b 63cm or the 3d 75cm??

i was looking at a sigma 6 (35cm fwith 45 degree angle attachment) splashbacks etc Amoroc Tools: Suppliers of Quality Tile Cutters

and either a 3b 63cm or 3d 75cm.....

what do you guys think?
whats your perfect combination??
Go for the 75cm Ed,
i seen it sitting beside the 63cm on saturday in a local shop,the 75cm has a side support arm which is not on the 63! plus the extra 12" would come in handy for more room moving the tile about.i might change my 63 to a 75 sometime! or replace with a push cutter:8:

H

hillhead

just for a change Dave, i find my monty nice to use and i really like the look of the alloy rubis:thumbsup:.
i have been trained on sigmas but as long as your cutter does the job proper that all you need.
I keep an open mind on tools,had one of them dewalt lasers in my hand today too,the joiner had one,very nice and useful:thumbsup:

Reply to The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen